You’ve been on thousands of diets and you go to the gym regularly and you still can’t get rid of that belly. Does this sound familiar to you? Both women and men would like to be fit and lose weight on their stomachs. But how does that work? What is the right food for six-pack abs and what are the most effective exercises for burning belly fat? All this and the answers to many other questions, as well as the most helpful weight loss tips for the stomach, we will tell you in our article!
Belly fat is considered very stubborn and for this reason, losing weight on the stomach is easier said than done. Some of the most well-known reasons for an increase in belly fat include stress, lack of exercise, and poor diet. Before we give you detailed information on how to get a flat stomach and many suggestions for tummy training at home or in the gym, we will introduce you to the different types of belly fat.
Belly Fat off – These are the 6 types of belly fat!
- Stress belly – Having a quick coffee during the lunch break or eating a sandwich in front of the computer – is what everyday work looks like for many people. In today’s hectic everyday life, it’s no wonder that a big belly can be caused by stress. Unfortunately, when you’re under pressure, you skip meals far too often, and that combined with a lack of sleep leads to cravings. Fatty tissue accumulates in the intestines and in the abdominal wall of the stomach when the stomach is stressed. Diarrhea or flatulence is another sign. If you want to shed some belly fat, the most important thing to try is to go to bed on time and take your time eating! Before bed you could do a few yoga exercises or drink chamomile tea – this way the cortisol is reduced and the body relaxes.
- Lifebelt and fat pad belly, also known by the cute name of rolls of bacon, is typical for all those who do not exercise and have a sweet tooth, who far too often reach for greasy food such as burgers, pizza, chips, chocolate, and other sweets. In order to successfully lose weight from your stomach and waist, the first thing you should do is completely change your diet. That means eating 3 to 4 healthy meals a day and replacing the unhealthy snacks with healthier alternatives like fresh fruit or a handful of nuts. Take the stairs more often and leave the car at home more often – if you don’t have time to exercise, you should try to integrate as much exercise as possible into your everyday life.
- Hormone belly – If you want to get rid of your belly, we recommend that you have your hormone levels checked at least twice a year. The most important hormones include insulin, cortisol, leptin, and adiponectin – they regulate blood sugar levels and body fat percentage.
- Bloating is characterized by severe abdominal pain and is perceived as very uncomfortable. The foods that you should definitely avoid are spicy food, fast food, coffee, and carbonated drinks. Try to incorporate light meals like cooked vegetables, lean meats, and soups into your tummy tuck diet.
- Beer belly – Enjoying a cold beer or a glass of wine on the couch after work – there is hardly anything nicer. But when one beer turns into a second and a third, you’re doing your character a disservice. In order to get rid of the flabby belly, you should first reduce your alcohol consumption – the rule of thumb is a maximum of 1 beer a day.
- Pregnancy belly – Your body goes through a number of changes during pregnancy and a big belly is one of them. In order to get rid of a pregnant belly, you should arm yourself with a lot of time and patience.
Belly fat is gone – get rid of the belly after childbirth
Without a doubt, giving birth is one of the most beautiful and happiest moments in every woman’s life. But shortly after the birth, the new mothers ask themselves the question “How do I get rid of the pregnancy belly?”. It takes a lot of work, patience, and discipline. Have you heard the saying, “Nine months he comes and another nine months he goes”? Unfortunately, this means the stomach. When it comes to losing belly weight, diet and exercise really are the be-all and end-all.
- Do not go on crash diets – All diets that promise a flat stomach in 1 week are monotonous and due to the greatly reduced calorie intake they are considered extremely dangerous for you and your baby. During the first 2-3 months of breastfeeding, your body needs a lot of energy to be able to produce enough milk for the baby. It is better to rely on a balanced and varied diet to lose weight on your stomach – eat lots of fruit, vegetables, and protein and try to reduce carbohydrates a little. However, it is important to note that some foods can cause stomach pains in the baby. These include tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, all types of cabbage, as well as nectarines and citrus fruits.
- Healthy fats like nuts, avocado, and olive oil help fight fatigue, which is a bonus for all moms.
- Breastfeeding – According to many new studies, women who breastfeed their babies lose weight much faster.
- Get rid of pregnancy bumps with massages – massages promote the elasticity of the skin and have a positive effect on blood circulation. While that’s not enough for a flat stomach, it can’t hurt. A plucking massage is highly recommended for a taut stomach and to prevent stretch marks. To do this, lift small areas of skin with your fingers and roll them back and forth.
- Training your belly after pregnancy – We recommend that you register for a postnatal training course – there the appropriate exercises will stimulate the regression of the uterus, belly, and hormone balance after birth.
Losing weight on the stomach – the best baby belly exercises
Many women want to get rid of belly fat as soon as possible after pregnancy. Below are some helpful ideas for postpartum tummy training.
- Belly off with cardio – Anyone who wants to train away belly fat cannot avoid endurance training. But that doesn’t necessarily mean spending 1 hour on the treadmill at the gym. It is best to start with short walks with the baby. For example, while he’s sleeping, you could do some light stretching exercises.
- When you can start abdominal fat-burning exercises depends primarily on whether you were physically active before and during pregnancy. If yes, then you can start with light exercises and stretching from about the 3rd day of confinement. Pilates and yoga would be the best choices.
Get rid of the lower abdomen – With these exercises, you can train away from the belly fat after the birth
- Targeted abdominal exercises put too much strain on the body and for this reason, you should rather take it slower in the first 8-9 weeks. Then you can calmly do all the usual exercises for losing weight on your stomach.
- Tummy control workout with the baby – Just finding time for yourself is almost impossible in the first few months after the birth. On social networks, you can find more and more weight loss exercises for the stomach together with the baby. Lifting little ones instead of weights is not only effective, but it can also be a lot of fun. We recommend you start with a doll or towel that is roughly the size of your baby. This will ensure you are coordinated enough and there is no risk of dropping the baby.
Thick Upper and Lower Stomach – How Dangerous is Belly Fat?
Fat is not just fat. Our body has two different types of abdominal fat and they are visceral and subcutaneous fat.
- Subcutaneous fat is exactly those annoying fat pads that form over the abdominal muscles and that we have a hard time getting rid of. It serves as an energy store and is of no importance to our health.
- The visceral abdominal fat accumulates around the abdominal organs and is very metabolically active. It forms many different messenger substances and is therefore associated with a number of serious diseases, including cancer, dementia, and heart disease. You don’t even have to be overweight or obese—even people of normal weight can have too much visceral belly fat. In addition, doing thousands of abdominal exercises will not help you get rid of that excess belly fat. Long-term dietary changes and plenty of exercises are the only surefire way to successfully get rid of it.
- Belly fat raises cholesterol levels – the messenger substances formed by visceral fat have a negative effect on the production of insulin and blood pressure. This in turn could lead to arteriosclerosis.
- Excess abdominal fat significantly increases the risk of developing heart disease.
- According to many scientific studies, the risk of breast and colon cancer is twice as high as in people with a normal percentage of abdominal fat.
- Big belly – when does belly fat become dangerous for us? – In men, a waist circumference of more than 93 centimeters is considered unhealthy and increases the risk of heart disease or type 2 diabetes. For women, the limit is 80 centimeters waist circumference.
Belly away – These are the best weight loss exercises for the abdomen
Before we show you some of the best exercises for your abs training, we would like to make one thing clear – unfortunately it is impossible to lose weight specifically in the abdomen. It may be that you first lose weight on your stomach and only then on your legs or vice versa – but the body cannot target fat loss in certain areas.
- Get rid of the lower abdomen with slow leg raises – Lie on the floor and place your arms either on your body or under your buttocks. Raise your closed legs vertically and then slowly lower them to just above the floor. Give yourself enough time – every abs workout is about quality, not quantity.
- Scissor Kicks – When it comes to abdominal weight loss exercises, scissor kicks and slow leg raises are undoubtedly some of the most effective. Lie on the floor and begin doing slow scissor motions with your legs. Make sure that your stomach stays tight the whole time and your legs stay nice and straight. The best thing about the two exercises is that they can be done anywhere and are perfect for a tummy workout at home.
- Belly off with a plank – Planks, also known as forearm support, are a must for anyone who wants to get rid of their flabby stomach. Whether for lower abdominal fat, the waist, or the upper abdomen – you train all abdominal muscles at once. The biggest advantage of this exercise is that you not only train your stomach but also your bottom, legs, and back – a real all-rounder! Here’s how to do it right: First, get into the push-up position and get down on your forearms. Try to hold the position for at least 30 seconds, being careful not to lift your butt too far.
- Lose weight on the lower stomach with crunches – everyone knows them and everyone has done them at school. Can abdominal sit-ups help you lose weight? Unfortunately, the answer to this question is no. Crunches are only effective if you’ve already reduced your belly fat a little.
- Roll Outs – This is quite possibly one of the most difficult abdominal weight loss exercises and at the same time one of the most effective. You can do the exercise either with a special roller, which can be found in any well-equipped gym or with a dumbbell. And this is how it works: First, you should kneel down and firmly grasp the handles of the roll. Make a slightly hollow back in the lower back and keep the upper body nice and straight – this protects the intervertebral discs. Slowly lower your thighs forward and straighten your arms until they are about next to your ears. Bend your thighs back and slowly move to the starting position.
Side fat away with these abdominal fat burning exercises
Losing your belly and waist is one of the most difficult tasks of all and you need to arm yourself with a lot of time and patience.
- Side Weightlifting – Perfect for an at-home abs workout and fairly easy to do – it’s not without reason that this is the most popular exercise when some side fat needs to be shed. You can use pretty much anything as a weight – from a dumbbell to a full purse to your laptop, everything is allowed. Stand up straight and hold the weight in one hand. Then move your upper body from left to right and then vice versa.
- Anyone who wants to lose weight on their stomach cannot avoid the Russian Twist. How to do it: Sit on the floor with your back straight and bend your legs slightly at the knees. From this position, move your upper body to the right or left as far as possible. Depending on whether you are a beginner or more advanced, the exercise has an incredible number of variations. For example, you could raise your legs slightly in the air or hold a dumbbell in front of your chest. In this way, you not only train for a flat stomach, but also for toned arms and thighs.
- Work out belly fat with a side plank – Raise yourself to the floor on your side, support yourself with your lower arm and make sure that it is directly under your shoulder. Slowly raise your hips and hold the position for at least 30 seconds. Another option would be to lower your hips and repeat about 10 times.
- Get a flat stomach with Mountain Climber – The push-up is also used as the starting position for this exercise. Place your arms about shoulder-width apart and your feet – hip-width apart, and then pull your knees towards your chest.
- Side Crunches – Lie on the floor and place your arms behind your head. Bring the right elbow to the left knee and repeat on the other side. With this exercise, you will also get rid of the lower abdomen!
- Raise your knees to your chest is a very simple yet effective exercise that’s great for an at-home abs workout. This is how it works: Sit upright on a chair or on the sofa and tense your stomach. Then slowly raise both knees to your chest and lower them to the floor.
Belly Lose Tips – How often to train for a flat stomach?
- How often? – Most people want to get a flat stomach as soon as possible and the biggest mistake they make is forgetting that the abs are just like any other muscle. After all, you don’t train your legs every day, do you? The same goes for your abs workout – the abs need to regenerate and you can’t overdo it. It shouldn’t be more than 2 or 3 times a week.
- How many sets and reps? – Have you ever done 100 bicep curls during a workout? Most likely not – so why do 100 crunches at once? As mentioned earlier, the key to a toned and flat stomach is quality, not quantity. 2-3 series of 13-15 repetitions per exercise are sufficient.
Stomach fat away – The best weight loss tips for the stomach
” Abs are made in the kitchen!” – A very famous saying that translates into German as “Six-packs are made in the kitchen!” Means. But what does a belly-slimming diet look like and what is the most suitable diet for losing belly weight?
Sugary foods and drinks are taboo! – Sugars in general are only processed in very small amounts by the liver and the rest is immediately turned into fat. However, the liquid calories from sugary drinks are even worse – our brains don’t register them, and as a result, we end up consuming more than we should.
- Belly away meal plan – To successfully lose weight on the stomach, you should rethink your eating habits and change your diet accordingly. Try not to consume carbohydrates in the evening. Carbohydrate-rich foods ensure that the body produces a lot more insulin, which in turn inhibits fat burning.
- Flat Stomach Diet High in Fiber – Fiber provides us with energy, keeps us feeling full longer, and regulates blood sugar levels. In addition, they are very rich in vitamins and minerals that help to lose weight in the abdomen. Fruit, vegetables, and whole-grain products contain a lot of fiber.
- Keep a food diary – you eat healthy on the whole and yet losing weight on your stomach doesn’t work the way you would like it too? The small snack or a cappuccino in the afternoon and so the calories consumed are increasing without you even realizing it. While keeping a food log sounds like a tedious and tedious job, it’s a great way to see what you’re consuming and what you need to change in your diet.
- Belly away without sport is unfortunately impossible. For lasting results, we recommend combining endurance and strength training.
- Lose belly fat with healthy fats – fat doesn’t make you fat – poor eating habits and lack of exercise do. Omega-3 fatty acids support fat loss and have a positive effect on our health. High-fat fish, such as salmon, herring, sardines, and anchovies, are high in quality protein and an excellent source of omega-3.
- Diet with high-protein foods – Our body needs a lot more energy to digest protein, which in turn leads to weight loss. In addition, proteins are of great importance for muscle building. Therefore, grilled meat, cheese, and other dairy products are great for losing belly weight.
- Minimise Alcohol Consumption – What you drink is just as important as what you eat for successful belly weight loss. It is best to only allow yourself alcohol and sugary drinks on weekends and of course only in moderation. Drink plenty of water and green tea – it stimulates digestion and promotes fat loss.
- Belly off through long walks – If you don’t have time to exercise, we recommend that you take at least 10,000 steps a day. Take the stairs, walk to work, and stroll around the block after dinner.
- Reduce calorie intake – For successful and lasting weight loss from your stomach, you should try to eat between 300 and 500 fewer calories a day.
- Take your time eating – you will feel full after about 20 to 30 minutes. This means that if you eat an entire meal in 10-15 minutes, there’s a risk that you’ll still feel hungry and indulge yourself when you’re already full. Eating too quickly usually causes you to swallow more air, leading to uncomfortable bloating and abdominal pain.
- Consume less salt – When dishes are too salty, water is withdrawn from the blood and it is stored in the skin. This is another reason for a bloated and fat stomach. Since all ready-made products contain far too much salt and sodium, it is recommended to eliminate them completely from the menu.
- Flabby belly away with enough sleep – It’s no secret that a lack of sleep is unhealthy and slows down the metabolism. Try to get between 7 and 8 hours of sleep – this will boost fat burning and make you feel a lot more comfortable and productive.
- If you’re looking for belly fat loss tips, then you might want to give intermittent fasting a try. You either do without food at certain times of the day, such as in the evening, or for 24 hours. This ensures a reduction in blood sugar levels and your metabolism is relieved. While intermittent fasting has many physical and health benefits, we recommend that you consult your GP first.
Belly off food – right food for six-pack
In addition to exercises to burn fat on the abdomen, a balanced and healthy diet is also very important. Which foods make a flat stomach and can really get fat burning going? You can find all of this and many other weight loss tips for your belly below.
- Snack on almonds and get rid of that gut – Almonds, and raw nuts in general, are an excellent source of protein, fiber, magnesium, vitamin E, and lots of healthy monounsaturated fats. When you feel like a little snack, eat a handful of almonds – they give you energy and curb cravings for sweets.
- Avocados should not be missing from a flat stomach diet. Just like nuts, it is very high in healthy fats that melt belly fat.
- Greek yogurt is one of the most well-known probiotic foods. Probiotics support our immune system and have a positive effect on the intestinal flora, which in turn leads to a flat stomach. In addition, Greek yogurt is very rich in calcium and protein, which aid in fat loss.
- Try incorporating mushrooms into your tummy tuck diet. One reason for a fat belly could be a vitamin D deficiency. 100 grams of mushrooms contain about 110 percent of the recommended daily allowance for an adult. Another excellent natural source of vitamin D is avocado.
- Eat Eggs and Lose Belly – Not only are eggs packed with protein, they’re also low in carbohydrates and a great source of vitamin B12 and many amino acids, which help burn fat.
- A meal plan rich in berries provides the perfect start to the day. The sweet fruits are packed with lots of antioxidants and fiber and successfully satisfy sweet cravings.
- Bananas are the best choice for a healthy afternoon snack. They are very rich in potassium and contain the “good” carbohydrates that keep you feeling full for longer. Another benefit of the delicious fruit is that it regulates our sodium levels and prevents bloating and water retention in the stomach.
- Not only can you prepare an incredible number of delicious dishes with pumpkin. It will help you get rid of belly fat. It contains far more fiber than quinoa and brown rice and twice the amount of potassium found in bananas. Whether as a delicious, hearty cream soup or pureed with yogurt and a little cinnamon – pumpkin always tastes good!
- Green vegetables such as green beans, cucumbers, kale, and broccoli are high in pectins, which aid in digestion and are great for a belly-loss diet. Some vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and parsnips are high in sugar and should be avoided.
- Lose weight with fennel and fennel tea – For centuries, fennel has been used to treat abdominal bloating and stomach cramps. A fennel tea in the evening stimulates digestion and helps you lose weight on your stomach. But not only fennel tea ensures a flat stomach. Chamomile, peppermint, and ginger also taste good and have a calming effect on the stomach.
- Add asparagus to your belly fat loss diet plan. Delicious, low in calories, full of minerals and vitamins – a real miracle cure that also has a draining and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Chili Peppers – Have you ever heard that spicy food boosts your metabolism and burns fat? Not only that – it reduces the appetite for sweets and fast food.
- Legumes like beans and lentils are high in protein, B vitamins, iron, potassium, and other minerals. They are the best source of fiber which, as mentioned, should be a must in any tummy tuck diet.
- Belly off with cottage cheese – few calories and fat but lots of high-quality protein – cottage cheese prevents cravings, tastes good, and is an integral part of a healthy belly-off diet.
Belly fat away nutrition plan and weight loss successfully on the stomach
After showing you the best exercises for losing belly fat and the best foods to burn fat, we have put together a healthy and varied tummy tuck meal plan.
A couple of ground rules:
- Dinner should be no later than 8 pm and after that, no snacks are allowed.
- Try to drink at least 2 liters of water daily.
- Do not overdo it with the sport – 30-40 minutes of training a day is perfectly sufficient.
Belly has gone in 7 days – ideas for breakfast for a flat stomach
- Greek yogurt with blueberries and blueberries – 300 grams of yogurt with 200-250 grams of berries
- Oatmeal and cinnamon smoothie with strawberries – Mix 200 ml of water or rice milk with 3 tablespoons of rolled oats, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, and 150 grams of strawberries
- Spinach Tomato Omelet – 2 eggs, a handful of spinach, and 1 medium tomato
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and raspberries
- Oatmeal with Cinnamon, Banana, and Walnuts – 150 grams of rolled oats, 1 banana, and 30 grams of walnuts
- Quinoa with Coconut Milk, Apple, and Almonds – 100 grams cooked quinoa, 50 ml canned coconut milk, 1 apple, and 20 grams chopped almonds
- Whole Wheat Avocado Pizza – 1 whole wheat tortilla, 1 avocado, 2 eggs. Here’s how it’s done – Microwave the tortilla for 30 seconds. Mash the avocado, season with salt and pepper, and spread over the tortilla. Fry the eggs in a hot pan and then put them on the tortilla and enjoy.
Flat Stomach in 1 Week – Belly Gone Lunch
- Vegetable Frittata – Mix 150 grams of asparagus with 100 grams of spinach and 2 eggs and cook in a pan over medium heat.
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread with guacamole made from 1 avocado and 50 grams of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Leaf salad with grilled chicken, cucumber, avocado, and some almonds
- Pumpkin soup with 1 slice of wholemeal bread
- Wholemeal tortilla with grilled chicken, pesto, spinach, and cottage cheese
- Greek Salad – Cucumber, tomato, pepper, red onion, and feta cheese with olive oil, balsamic, and lemon juice dressing.
- Grilled salmon with lettuce
Lose belly fat fast with these healthy dinner ideas
- Tomato soup with cottage cheese and a small salad of your choice
- Grilled Chicken with Stir Fry Vegetables – Green beans, asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, cauliflower, and broccoli work best.
- Brown rice with grilled salmon and green beans as a side
- Broccoli soup with 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- Chicken and broccoli stir fry with cream cheese and fresh basil sauce
- Low carb zucchini lasagna
- Chicken and Kidney Bean Chilli – For 2 servings: 200 grams chicken breast fillet, 1 can kidney beans, 1 bell pepper, 1 carrot, 1 onion, and 1/2 celery – chopped, 200 ml vegetable stock, 1 can chopped tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt, and Pepper. Here’s how it’s done: Roast the chicken for 10 minutes and remove it from the pan. Put the vegetables in the pan and sauté briefly. Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, spices, and chicken and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour. You don’t even have to soak the beans – just drain the liquid and you’re good to go.
Healthy snacks for a flat stomach
It doesn’t matter how much willpower you have – everyone gets hungry at some point. The following snacks are healthy, full of vitamins and nutrients, and will help you lose weight from your belly!
- dark chocolate from 80% cocoa content
- green smoothies
- Low-carb vegetable chips – preferably homemade
- Homemade energy bars made from oatmeal, dried fruit, and nuts
- Vegetable sticks with yogurt dip
- Chickpea chips from the oven – Drain the liquid from a can of chickpeas and season to taste. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Is it possible to belly weight loss in a week?
How do you get a six-pack the fastest and how do you get rid of your stomach in 7 days – these are questions that each of us has asked ourselves. Even though many diets and workout programs promise us a week to lose belly fat, this is unfortunately impossible – unless you are already thin and fit enough. The successes on the scales are there, but unfortunately, we have to disappoint you – in the first few days or even weeks you only lose water. Losing belly fat takes time and only works with a long-term change in diet and exercise. As soon as you start eating normally again after a crash diet, the lost kilos come back or even a few more – that’s the famous yo-yo effect. Due to too low-calorie intake, the body gets into a so-called state of emergency, and everything.